Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chinese Town

Yesterday we went to Chinatown.  It was great.  We saw McDonalds :)  but didn't eat there.  We ate at the hawker stand.  We had fried dumplings.  Oh wait I almost forgot, yesterday was Mother's Day.  

We saw the oldest Hindu Temple in Singapore. 
Viola
There was a whole lot of cool stuff.  Like, lanterns EVERYWHERE.

I got this cool dragon puppet.  The first time we went to Chinatown, the dragon puppet was only $20, but this time we saw it for 45 big bucks.  Dad says, "Ewwwww, $20"  The shop keeper said, "$35".  Then the shop keeper said again, "See, see see see.  I give this to students for $45."  My dad said, $20.  I was keeping my fingers  crossed and then he said $35 for the dragon and the skinny ties.  The shop keeper said deal.  I brought it home and named him Luxor.  Here are some pictures.

Here are some more pictures of Chinatown. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks so surreal Pres! LOVE the pics and your dragon looks awesome! Uncle is happy you didn't eat at McDonalds (wink wink). Love you! Skype again soon so I can see your dragon "in real life" XOXOXO Auntie, Uncle and M&M

    ReplyDelete